After successfully completing an 11 date North American Tour, Wax Tailor is back with a new single. This Train is perhaps the most beloved track of Wax Tailor’s new album In The Mood For Life. A genre blending masterpiece, the track brings together the talents of Rapper Voice and Roots singer Ali Harter.
1. This train (feat. Voice & Ali Harter) [Radio edit] 3:30
2. Leave it (feat. Dionne Charles) 3:14
3. This train (feat Voice & Ali Harter) [Just Mike of Dafuniks remix] 3:13
4. Leave it (feat Dionne Charles & Mattic) [Extended version] 4:14
5. This train (feat. Voice & Ali Harter) 4:01
6. Leave it (feat Dionne Charles) [Blend aka Mishkin remix] 4:38
7. Level the Sound (feat. Mattic) 2:48
Included on this release are the album version, a downtempo remix from Mike from Dafuniks that is a little musical gem, and an extended version where Mattic adds a verse.
The melancholic feel of the track is perfectly captured on film by director Romain Ségaud with a video that uses the old fashion technique of painted glass panels to create the setting of each scene. The only real object in the video is the train itself, which was borrowed from Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s A Very Long Engagement film set.
On the flip side, Leave It features singer Dionne Charles from the UK soul revival outfit Baby Charles and to cap off this EP is new track Level The Sound (feat. Mattic).